September, 16-19, 1997
Under Sponsorship of the
In Cooperation with
Deutsche Mathematiker Vereinigung
Eurographics (EG), and the
Informatik (GI, FG 4.1.2 ).
This workshop serves as a forum for an international community
of researchers and practitioners on the application of visualization
techniques in mathematics and on mathematical concepts in visualization.
It is the second symposium in a series of workshops bringing together
mathematicians and experts from scientific visualization.
The themes of the workshop include:
- applications in differential geometry and partial differential
- algorithmic aspects of adaptive and hierarchical techniques
in space and time
- time control of animated objects and corresponding algorithms
- algorithmic representation of objects for display, storage
- new visualization techniques for mathematical structures
- integration of visualization with symbolic and numerical computation.